East Rand Mall
East Rand Junction
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You have 14 calendar days to return any defective item from the date purchased. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging. You have to produce the original receipt or proof of purchase for the item being returned.
Once your item has been received, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund. The Ghetto will refund a purchase for the exact amount paid less the following:
- any delivery costs already incurred by The Ghetto;
- any restocking fee where applicable
- Merchant transaction fees( Payfast charges).
Refunds will only be processed onto the payment method that was used when the order was created, and into the account it was paid from.
A refund can take up to 14 business days to reflect in your account, and EFT refunds are subject to verification of your banking details.
To verify your banking details, you will be required to supply the following information:
- Proof of Payment;
- ID number (not a copy of the ID) OR Company Registration number;
- Proof of banking details.
- It is the consumer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the intended purpose of any goods stated on the packaging and there is no right to return any goods because they are unsuitable for another purpose than that stated on the packaging and in user documentation;
- If however you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed in writing e.g. on a quotation, that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 5 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson.
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund in credit form.
In the event of consumers wanting to return goods because they have changed their minds or purchased the incorrect product due to an error or mistake on their part, we are not obliged by law to accept returns and refund monies. However, where we choose at our sole discretion to accept such returns and refunds out of goodwill, such goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and may not have been used. You will also be required to present the original tax invoice.
CAREFULLY READ THE INDICATIONS OF PURPOSE AND OTHER NOTICES TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE USE FOR WHICH THE GOODS ARE INTENDED BEFORE PURCHASING THEM.
By law, the goods we exclude from the returns and refund policy are:
- goods which are not inherently unsafe, there is no material defect in the goods, or the goods have failed while being used contrary to instructions or not for the indicated intended purpose;
- goods we do not ordinarily stock and have been purchased by way of special order will only be replaced if defective;
- goods which have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property.
- goods which have been intentionally or unintentionally damaged by the consumer, for example, by exposure to the elements, use of force on the product.